12 CAKES IN 12 MONTHS!




i am not a baker. i never have been. incidents of me baking in the past have included burnt brownies, cakes that get stuck in the pan, and a batch of chocolate chip cookies in middle school where i mixed up powdered sugar and regular white sugar and ended up with weird, chewy flat disks.

but it is a new year and self improvement is in, right? so i have challenged myself to bake 12 cakes in 12 months for the sake of trying new things (and feeding all of my friends tasty cakes!).

the first cake i baked last week for my friend tom's birthday. although to be quite honest, my jar of soom tahini was more my inspiration than the birthday. i forgot to take nice pictures when the sun was still out and then took very lazy iphone pictures in the worst lighting possible as we were about to eat the cake. hehe oops.

this is the chocolate tahini cake from molly on the range. i never had tahini in dessert before, but now i am a total convert. the tahini buttercream and the moist chocolate cake are the tastiest match for each other. i could write out the recipe here for you, but really you should just go buy molly's cookbook already.

i'll see you for my february cake! (maybe a valentine's cake...? <3)

No comments :

Post a Comment